Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Random First

Hello and welcome! Please be patient as it may take a couple sessions of trial and error to get my bearings straight as this is my first blogging experience. I figured as a 22 year old recent college graduate stuck in a dormant economy that I should not be spending my time alone worrying about not making it NOW as a designer, but rather affixing myself to social facets to create a network of friends, family and co-people.

First and foremost, my name is Benjamin W.A.L.D and yes I did turn my last name into an acronym. I feel it gives myself a sense of mystery and danger. Take it as you would like, but what is the fun in life if you cannot be a just a little dangerous? Secondly, I am currently living in the east Madison area with my parents, older brother Matt and dog Missey. For work I have returned to my previous employers at the City Engineering Department for my 5th straight summer...not 1, not 2, but 5...I would continue to complain, but it is the best job for a college or post-college student. I get paid, I am outside ALL day, I have a great farmers tan (ladies beware!), and I spend 8 hours of my day locating sanitary and storm sewer lines for construction and digging projects. Okay okay, so I've been a little untrustworthy, I do experience a lot of slow days...days in which I receive a couple hours of work and get to enjoy 6 hours of 80 degree weather, solitaire, internets, and my favorite...people watching. But don't think I do not get my work done, because I'm nowhere near irresponsible, just 22. Could you blame me?

mmm. Try me again tomorrow, I'm not sure if I have overdone or underdone my session. Let me know.

2 comments:

  1. im so excited. i love the picture! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! just because im not a gelatinous pool doesn't mean im celebate!

    ReplyDelete